What happens when GAIA receives an article:
1. The editorial office confirms receipt of the manuscript. Within one month the authors will receive notification stating whether or not the article will be considered to be published.
2. Expertise: If the article is under consideration for publication, the editorial office initiates a review process.
3. Lectorate and revision:
All authors are asked to indicate modifications within the revised version of the original text. Respectively, if a recommendation of a reviewer, an editor or the editorial office is not followed, the authors must provide an explanatory statement.
4. Open Access: GAIA follows the Green Road to Open Access. With GAIA Hybrid Option, we additionally offer our authors that they can publish their articles with full open access via our full text content provider >IngentaConnect against a basic charge. Once your article is accepted for publication in GAIA, we will inform you about our option.
5. Final revision: Fine adjustment in language, style and setting is completed by the authors in agreement with the editorial office. After final revision, the authors receive the galley proof of their paper. In the galley proof, only mistakes and printer’s errors will be corrected. Any further changes will be charged to the authors.
6. After publication, the first authors will be sent five copies of the respective GAIA issue as well as the electronic version of their article in PDF format.
Show list of all announcements ...
GAIA - Ecological Perspectives for Science and Society | ISSN 0940-5550 | eISSN 2625-5413Articles in GAIA are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license CC BY 4.0.Published with